Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Monday, May 29, 2006

Where were you between the hours of 10 and 11pm last night?


I was flipping over furniture with my dad trying to find Fuzzball. We checked all her usual haunts, but couldn't find her. Dad asked if maybe she could be under the cabinet that the gerbils sit on. I looked, but the gap under it was only 1 inch, much too small for even Fuzzball to fit under. We upended the couches again and looked under and around everything in the bedroom, livingroom, bathroom, study and kitchen. Nothing. I finally went to bed and called James to tell him that Fuzzball was missing.

I had all kinds of images floating through my head of Fuzzball somehow being mangled in the easy chair parts or having slipped outside and getting lost.

At about 11:15, Dad knocked on my door. He'd found her. Sure she couldn't fit under the gap in the front of the cabinet, but she'd gotten behind it, where there was a nice 3.5" gap. She got under there and was taking a nice nap. I shined a flashlight on her. She glanced up at me and put her head back down to continue her nap. Little rat!

Well, this morning, she was wide awake. I took her out of her cage and asked "are you well rested? Well, you're the only one!"

No comments: