Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

First painted turtle of the season


I decided to walk to campus today, so I walked on the path along the creek. In the middle of the trail was a painted turtle. I immediately picked it up, but then I wasn't sure what to do with it. Dad always picked the first one of the season up off the road, probably saving it from near certain death by hit and run, and brought it home to us kids. This one was on the bike path and was perhaps in danger there...maybe he was just sunning himself. At any rate, since I doubted that anyone at the office would really be all that interested in seeing a painted turtle, I took it over to the stream and let it go, just like we used to do with Daddy.

No comments: