Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Israel and Palestine

Israel is quite the hot-button. Any nation that goes around killing innocent people is bad. That includes such countries as Israel, Nazi-Germany (1933-1945), and the United States, among others. It's hard to make this comment about Israel, because any comment against this country is immediately construed by many as being anti-semitic. I assure you, I have nothing against Jews or Israelis as people, however, I can not support anyone who makes the decision to kill innocents, be that Hamas terrorists, or Israeli secret police/military. I think that there is no innocent in the current dispute between Israel and Palestine. I think that it was wrong to take land from the Palestinians for an Israeli state. However, it is also wrong of Palestinians to blow up busses of school children. Everyone has their share of blood-guilt. I don't think that Israel has any moral upper-hand when it comes to demanding terms of Palestine. Unfortunately, I don't see any good solution for this, though I can't help but reflect on a former Jewish fencing coach's statement: 'Nuke Israel/Palestine and only let non-Judeo/Christian/Muslims visit the resulting glass parking lot.'

*sigh* Actually, the only think that can make this better is individual exchanges. Palesintians need to meet Israelis as individuals and Israelis need to meet Palestinians. It's hard to want to blow someone up after you've been over for tea and shared pictures of your family.

No comments: