Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Ferret Bag (tm)

I decided that I wanted to have a backpack with ventilation in it so that I could carry my ferrets around when biking or walking. I bought an old backpack at Goodwill and cut out some panels, used them as patterns and cut out double layers of mesh from a mesh laundry bag that I got at the dollar store. I edged all the open edges with double wide quilt binding so that nothing would fray and so that everything would be reinforced.





(The little pink stars were put there by the previous owner of the backpack, so I guess I can't take credit for them.)















It's not quite even, but the ferrets seem not to mind. In fact, when I took them for a test ride from the basement to the livingroom, they didn't want to climb out right away when I opened the bag and put it on the floor.








Chaos particularly seems to enjoy it.












No comments: