Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Ordering from the Amazon Marketplace

I just went online and ordered The Lord of Castle Black (The Viscount of Adrilankha, Book 2) * using the Amazon Marketplace. The book was priced at $2.00. The shipping was $3.49. It just seems really weird to pay more for shipping that for the book itself. On the other hand, the grand total of $5.49 was still less than the $7.99 + tax that I would have paid at a bookstore. I'm having it shipped to my folks' place, so hopefully it will be there by the time I'm done reading my current book, The Paths of the Dead, which I think I started some time before, but never finished.

*Yes...I like reading books by Steven Brust - though The Sun, the Moon and the Stars was less than exciting. I think the problem was that he tried to write something serious. I very much prefer the Vlad Taltos books.

No comments: