Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Recap of yesterday's anecdotes


Tiffany was up visiting from out of state. She bought everyone ice cream near campus. (Thanks, Tiffy!)

After getting back home, I decided to air up the tires on my bike. I have a car-cigarrette-lighter-powered air compressor that Dad gave me. (Thanks Dad!) I was also pleased to find that the chain on my bike was still perfectly flexible despite having been outside all winter.

Later at night, James and I went shopping. I got a new tape-player to replace the one that was eating my tape. The new one is about 6.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 inches. The generation-gap became apparent. James was like "Oh my God! It's so big!" As I recall, this is actually smaller than the ones we had in the house back in the 80s.

After I went to bed, I was reading Corelli's Mandolin and heard a plastic bag. I assumed that it was just the bag of fabric that I had on top of a pile of clothes falling and settling. I quickly dismissed it from my mind...until I heard it again. I looked over, and there was Chaos, having ambled into my room. Apparently, I hadn't locked one of the doors on the cage and he got out. Usually, he would have darted under the bed, but last night, he just sat there while I walked up to him and scooped him into my arms. I put him back in his cage. I expected that he would try to get the door open again, but he just rolled into his hammock and went to sleep. All quiet on the ferret front.

No comments: