Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Taxes

I'm watching the presidential news conference at the moment. He's speaking out against raising taxes.

Taxes. Everybody hates them. Having more take-home money is always nice.

On the other hand, I really like the postal service. I like the interstate. I like public buildings. I like public parks. I like it when the road gets plowed. I also think that it is good for a government to care for the human needs of people, such as housing, food, and healthcare. Without tax-income, the government is unable to provide these services.

Of course, if we bought a few less aircraft carriers, made less bombs and fought less wars, we could provide all of these services and more without any raises in taxes.

Here are a couple of different charts showing where our tax dollars go...they don't exactly agree, but you can go to the source website to read about that.




No comments: