Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Badger badger badger badger...mushroom...a snake!

Yes, I live on Badger Rd.

The backlight on my laptop is out, so I had to call the tech guy to get them to send me a box to pack my computer in to send it in for warranty repair. Of course, I had to verify my address. Yes, I still live on Badger Rd and will for the next 30 days. At this point, the tech guy starts chanting "Badger badger badger badger...mushroom...a snake!" So, is it more scary that some random tech guy starts chanting an in-joke to a customer on the phone, or that I'm in on the in-joke with a total stranger?

On ending the call he said "Thank you for using (the warranty service) and for getting the badger song stuck in my head. Badger badger badger badger...." That's the point at which I hung up...I have to get to bed at some point!

FYI, the backlight actually went out for a short time last night, so I called the tech people then and talked with a techie who had been a GI in Germany in the mid 60s. Very interesting fellow. He told me all about his experiences in Germany in the mid 60s...for some reason it took half an hour on his end to get everything entered into the computer...and he still had brain power to chat about Germany...go figure. After getting off the phone with him, I hooked my laptop up to another monitor and tried turning it on and the laptop screen actually worked, so I called and cancelled the order for the repair box, but as stated above, it went out again tonight, so I had to call Badger Boy.

No comments: