Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Ferret Report

Fuzzball:

Looking better, still in solitary. Monday, I'm supposed to be able to put her back together with Chaos, though I think I'll put him in with her in the small cage so that she doesn't have to climb from floor to floor for a while yet. I'm going to email the vet to get his opinion on this. She lapped up her steroid and pink stuff, with the help of FerreTone, right off the spoon, but I still had to force feed her the pain killer. It looks and smells kinda like soy-sauce, but tastes horrible! (What can I say...a drop was on my finger, so I tried it.) I pulled the pain killer/FerreTone mix back up into the syringe and squirted it into her mouth. *sighs* Fortunately for me, and perhaps for her as well, there is only one more dose of the painkiller left, so we won't have to fight over it anymore after tomorrow morning. Hopefully she is healed up well enough that it will be OK for her not to have any pain killer left over!

Chaos:

I had started taking the ferrets outside last week. Since Fuzzball's surgery, she's stayed home, but I've been taking Chaos out. On Wednesday morning, Mom (oh yeah...Mom and Dad were here for a few days, but now they're in Mexico) and I took him to the park. He really enjoyed that! Today, I had him up on campus. We walked around and he smelled a lot of probably new things. I think he was scared by the crows, though. He flattened himself on the sidewalk and looked up at the trees and about three crows started cawing at him (at least I think it was at him!). I decided to pick him up and carry him until we were out of range of the trees!

Of course, walking a ferret draws a lot of attention. Whenever we go out, people always want to see him and pet him. Fortunately, he's good natured enough that I don't have to be afraid of him scratching or biting anyone! I don't trust Fuzzball in that respect!

We came home and he took several naps, one of which on my chest while I read an article and another while I watched "The Motorcycle Diaries". Then he put himself to bed. I had to pull him out of his cage to take his belled harness off of him for the night!

(Footnote: Charlie is eating just fine - just thought I'd mention him, even though he's a fish and not a ferret!)

No comments: