Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Another strange dream

Well, the advantage to not sleeping well is that your mind produces rather interesting dreams and you can remember them even after you've woken up, though the details fade rather quickly.

Last night, I dreamt that I was visiting a family in Bolivia, but it was an American house and the surrounding area was much more like Germany than anywhere I've been in South America! I remember asking the Bolivian hostess, Teresa, to be able to borrow the cellphone that I had mailed to her. She lent it to me, and I saw that I needed to get a new calling card for it. Then I went out to find my friend, Claudia, a German woman who hasn't answered any of my emails for over a year now, leading me to wonder if I can really still consider her a friend. I was walking through some sort of shopping area, though whether it was a German shopping street or an American style mall, I couldn't say with any certainty. Anyway, I saw Claudia. She had cut her long red hair, but it still made her recognizable. I followed her into a lecturehall and got her attention. She was overjoyed to see me. We went out and talked and hugged and stuff. It was great.

Then the dream shifted. I was back at my hostess's house and my parents were there visiting. We decided to go driving and one of my parents was behind the wheel. We drove into a blend between a Bolivian and a German city center, the more German the closer to the center we got. I was playing the tour guide for my folks. Then we stopped at a store. It was some sort of grocery store, I think. It wasn't really American, but not really German either. They didn't require a deposit for the shopping carts. After walking in past the registers, it became more of an open-air market with a lot of different stands and stalls. It looked more Bolivian, but it was German language. We went into a jewelry shop and were looking at the wares. I decided to buy a necklace for my mom, but since she was there, I tried to conduct the transaction in German. However, the German speaking shop keeper kept trying to do it in English. There were a few people behind the counter. Mom decided to buy something with a $50 bill. Then, for some reason, we needed to borrow something from a shop, a pencil or a cart or something, and they demanded a $200 deposit. Mama gave them the deposit, used whatever it was and got her deposit back. At the checkout at the front of the 'store', I was paying for everything using Mom's money. When I pulled the bills out of the wallet, though, two $100 bills were fake. We went back to the stall that had demanded the deposit and found that one of the shopkeepers was dead. He had taken our real money and given us fake money in return. The other shopkeepers were shocked to find our two $100 bills in the dead man's money box and they returned them to us.

This time when I was out and about, I saw Claudia again, however this time she ran away from me. Very sad, really.

No comments: