Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, March 31, 2006

one spot, or two?



We all know that larger, nicer vehicles need more space when parking, and will often take up two spaces when parking, often parking diagonally across the two of them (as opposed to straight on like the one in the picture), just so that they can make sure that no one even thinks about parking close enough to ding their door.


Well, I saw one that just confused me. It was obviously a fully parking lot, and a sedan that was nice looking for the most part, but already had a less than perfect paint-job, was diagonally parked across two spots. This wasn't just a sloppy parking job with a tire slightly over the line. It was intentional diagonal parking. I can only wonder why. Was the guy just being rude? Did it not occur to him that others might want to park there? Could he just not be bothered with parking straight?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one hate it when people take up two parking spaces. It just lets the world know how materialistic you are. I don't know what was wrong with the "ugly car guy" maybe its force of habit or something.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

When the parking lot is full, and people take up two parking spots by riding one line...I just pull into the spot next to them anyway.

What do I care? They can't get into their car, but that's not MY fault...I'm parked evenly between the lines. They're the ones with the driver's side door that won't open.

My car is old and has rust. Ha Ha.

I once saw a guy park a Navigator in such a way as to take up FOUR spots (across the middle line and parked on the opposite diagonal to the painted lines). I went up to him and mentioned that it was selfish and rude, but he ignored me and kept talking on his cell phone.

*shrug*

I've never harmed a vehicle that was parked badly (some old people or handicapped people might have trouble, for instance)...but the little devil on my shoulder always advises me to drag my key down one whole side of their car. I never have, and never will...but the devil in me wants to SO BADLY.

Karen said...

Yeah, I've also been known to park in the 3/4 spot. You just can't do that when they're parked diagonally, though, and they know it!