Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

weird dream

I had another strange dream. This time, I was driving across country through a desert. I remember seeing a flock of really large birds, perhaps an eagle or a condor with a bunch of young, though I don't think that birds of prey usually fly in flocks with their chicks or anyone else! I ended up driving into a sandstorm, and the only thing I saw was the back of the vehicle in front of me. I remember braking and hoping that the guy behind me would notice that I was slowing down. I "woke up" in a hotel(?) and realized that I didn’t know where I was going. I tried pulling out a map to figure out where I was. I knew that I had been on I-?, and I had passed an exit for a town named "Beer". When I looked on the map, though, I couldn't find it. I thought that maybe I had been heading towards Los Angeles or something. I called my dad, and he said that I was on my way to visit my uncles in Oregon. At some point within the dream, I realized that it must be a dream and I decided to wake up. I thought that I had woken up in my apartment, but then I realized that the rooms weren't laid out right. Then I saw my brother in the apartment, but it wasn't him now, but rather when he was a kid. (He's pudgy now, but was really skinny as a kid; however he was a pudgy kid in my dream.) Sometime around then, I actually woke up.

The problem with dreams is that you've already mostly forgotten them by the time you write them down. I'm sure literary theory would have something to say about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's simple. You want to travel like you used to but you're not sure where(hence, in the dream you don't know where you're going). The fact that you saw your brother as he used to be but as he still is now says that you want to travel like you did back in your out of the country days but you're anxious to do it now.

Anonymous said...

Know what's funny? I glanced over your blog and I thought this title was "wet dream" LMAO!!!!!!