Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, April 28, 2006

Lysol bathing

On the bus today was a guy who just reeked of Lysol or some other cleaning product. Please do not bathe in Lysol. Please do not spray your clothes with Lysol. I swear, I deinitely had shortness of breath when the guy sat down in front of me.

Ditto on lots of hairspray, perfume or cologne. A bit is nice. More than one spritz is enough to send a few people to the emergency room! There's this one lady on the bus who always has her hair sprayed so heavily that I can taste it when she gets on. Can we say asthma???

I'm not morally opposed to chemicals, but if they are still noticeable, especially from a few feet away, after they have dried/been rinsed away, you're using too much or not rinsing well enough! So, yes, use a bit of bleach for cleaning if you don't like vinegar or other natural solutions, but rinse it away!

Natural is usally better, though.

And as always, frequent personal bathing and laudering of clothing with some variety of detergent and water is very strongly recommended! (If I could, I'd require it, but I just don't have that power!)

No comments: