Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Saturday, April 01, 2006

No private body armor

Another story on the news:

Apparently the US military has banned non-government-issue body armor. Although the military says that it's now providing troops with the best body armor availible, there are challenges to this.

I would hate to have someone tell me to do something that I believe to be less safe than what I might otherwise choose to do.

The government needs to test this armor and get the best stuff to the soldiers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard, but don't remember where or how trustworthy the source...but I read somewhere that the generals and some of the highly-paid private contractors were using private armor when the troops are not allowed to. The brand mentioned in the article was "Dragonscale" or something like that.

THAT would cheese me off!

Of course, soldiers have very few rights once they sign up...so the government must not think they have to care about what a soldier wants or would like.

Trees