Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Oops...

I put the ferrets back into their cage last night around 9:00 and went grocery shopping. When I got back around 10:00, I heard jingling from the cage. It turns out that I had forgotten to take Fuzzball's belled harness off of her.

I usually take the belled harnesses off of the ferrets before putting them back in the cage for two reasons. The first is so that they are safe and comfortable. It would be horrible for the bell or some other part of the harness to get caught on something. The second is completely selfish. I don't want to hear them flopping around in the middle of the night.

Speaking of night, I had a dream that I had gotten up to get a drink of water, and I heard ferret bells. I looked over into my dark livingroom and saw the silouette of a ferret. At first, I thought it was Fuzzball. I went to turn on the light and Chaos came running towards me. In the dream, I think I decided that I had forgotten to put both of them back in the cage for the night. Then I woke up.

No comments: