Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Strongly American accented Spanish

I'm a language teacher, but I have a confession to make. It really, really, really irks me when I hear Spanish spoken with a really strong American accent. I'm sitting in the café area of one of the campus libraries trying to type a paper on Los Angeles Spanish and there are a couple of students sitting behind me practicing for their oral exam/presentation in a lower level Spanish class.

It burns us, it burns us!

Oh well...I guess I'll have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it will help to remind yourself that you don't mind strongly Spanish-accented English.



:-)

Trees

Anonymous said...

I agree with Trees. Think about it