Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

thirsty babies

I came home, slipped on a plastic bag in the hall that I didn't rememeber leaving there, and then saw that either a tornado or a ferret had been through my bathroom. Somehow, the ferrets got out. (And I think Chaos was in the plastic bag, just millimeters away from where I stepped and slipped.) The bottom cage door was open, and the clip that I use to keep it locked wasn't where I usually leave it when I open the door. I thought that maybe Tiffany had been over to let them out and had forgotten to close the door to the cage, but she said that she hadn't even been over. So, either I somehow forgot to close the door (which is only a doubtful proposition due to the odd location of the clip and the fact that they were already active in the cage this morning when I left and would have probably already gotten out before I got up this morning had the door been open), or they've figured out how to open the door themselves. I think that I'll put an extra bulldog clip on the big doors from now on.

Anyway, their water dish in the kitchen was bone-dry, so they hadn't had anything to drink for a while. I filled up the dish and here's a picture of them re-hydrating.

No comments: