Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Monday, January 09, 2006

More ferret stuff (I know...not that original, but that's the only excitement in my life right now!)

Fuzzball is really interested in Chaos, but Chaos just kinda ignores her. I'm not really sure what to make of that. I'm hoping that he will become more interested in her as time goes by. Maybe he'll be lonely enough to want to get to know her after I've started leaving them alone while I'm at the university. So far, when given the choice, he'll snuggle up with me rather than her.

You know how they show people handling dead people in comedies? You know, where they lift the arm, let it go and it falls limp? Well, that's how Chaos is when he falls asleep. You can move him anyway you want, play with his legs, paws and tail, and he just keeps sleeping. It's really amusing. He also just kinda randomly rolls over in his sleep. There have been a few times where he's been sleeping on my tummy and almost fell off! When he drapes his head off the side, gravity does the rest!

I've made an appointment to take Fuzzball in to the the vet this afternoon. I hope to find out for sure what is wrong with her. It's possible to treat her with implants every few months for about $40/shot. We'll see what the vet recommends after seeing her. (Incidentally, it costs about the same amount to keep a woman on Depo-Provera [Depo-Clinovir] in Germany.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Janice Still and i would like to show you my personal experience with Depo-Provera.

I am 24 years old. I have been on Depo for 9 years and did not realize that the symptoms I experienced might be related to the shot. I am now facing thousands of dollars in dental work due to bone density loss, and will probably end up with osteoporosis. I am getting off Depo and will never touch it again!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Low libido, joint pain, bone density loss, dental problems, headaches, fatigue, out of control eating, gained 40 lbs., depression

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Janice Still