Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ferret update: Vets and stuff

I took the little rats to the vet that had been recommended by the shelter lady today. Chaos got his rabies shot and Fuzzball got her distemper shot. Joy. The doctor also told me what I already knew: Fuzzball has adrenal disease. Of course I had to pay a lot of money for that little bit of information, and I found out only after I was already in the office with the guy that he couldn't actually treat her. (He did say that it was primarily cosmetic in females, but deadly in males, however, I want her to be treated, because she'd look much better, be better protected against chills and I just can't imagine that having enlarged vulva can be comfortable...in fact, I'd imagine it to be downright over-sensitive.) So, I asked the lady from the shelter if she knew where I could get implant treatment. She named another vet. I'll have to call him in the morning. *grumbles* That will of course mean another office fee.

In happier news, Chaos's favorite toy seems to be a ball of cotton twine. :) Balls of cotton twine are easy to come by and relatively inexpensive. I just hope that he never figures out how to unravel the thing! I can just imagine string strung all over my livingroom and kitchen.

Litterbox training is being problematic. They use the boxes in the cage, but when they are out playing, they'll sniff at the boxes and then decide to do their business just outside of them. *grumbles*

They are cute, though. Chaos is just a little cuddlebug! Also, they didn't attack each other in the carrier to or from the vet, so they're tolerating each other. She still seems much more interested than he is, but they were sharing a bed this evening too, so he must not mind too much.

No comments: