Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Make Fuzzball Fuzzy Fund


As most of you know, Fuzzball (AKA Sable, AKA Silly Goose, AKA Gosling) is suffering from stressed induced adrenal disease that she developed in her last poor home environment. Some believe that baby ferrets are made suceptible to it by being neutered too young. The leading school of thought is that any number of stressful situations can cause an onset. When I got her, she was already in advanced stages of the disease.

I'll be taking Fuzzball into the vet to get some implants for her. They run about $48.50/each. I'll be giving her those until I can get enough money together to get her the operation. The implants only treat the symptoms, but not the tumor growing on her adrenal gland.

Some people might think that it is inappropriate to ask people, some even being complete strangers who stumble across this blog, to donate to Fuzzball's treatment. I would perhaps agree, had I been the one to make her sick, however, since I wasn't, I don't feel bad in asked the community at large to help her. I've taken her out of a bad situation, but she still needs more. I can provide her a happy home, but I can't spring for $500 right now for surgery.

I've decided to set up a donation account through Paypal for the treatment of Fuzzball. With any luck, there are enough people out there who don't want to let a ferret stay naked and sick if they can help!

ENOUGH MONEY HAS BEEN RAISED/PLEDGED TO GET FUZZBALL HER OPERATION!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Trees put up a link to your new blog!

As much as we loved her, we needed to get her to someone who she would be far more happy with - and from what I'm reading, she's a LOT happier with you. And I'm so glad to see you've got her a buddy!

I was praying it was just overheatedness, but I am relieved now to know one way or the other. And I'm also glad you are getting her things that are good for her.

Thank you so much for opening your heart to her!!

We will be adding some $$ to the Fuzzball fund as soon as we can pull it together (should be within the next few days). We can't pull the whole $500 out of our butts, but we should be able to put a large chunk in your hands.