Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Well, I just got home from watching Brokeback Mountain. It was powerful. It went from boring to annoying to upsetting to really sad. At the end of the movie, my friend and I just sat in the theater through most of the credits without saying a word. It took us until we got to the car to really say much at all. And then we talked about it off and on for the next couple hours at Culvers.

The movie is just over 2 hours long. The pacing is certainly not Hollywood-like. Due to its episodic nature, it sometimes felt much longer.

The scenery is beautiful, with the mountains of Wyoming.

I think that it's definitely worth watching, but I was surprised by the varied reactions that different people had to it. Some just jumped up and left as soon as it was over, chatting about various unrelated things. Others were still sitting there after we left. I've been told that people even laughed after another showing. I doubt that I'll watch it again, but I think that everyone should watch it to find out their own reactions.

No comments: