Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2 Further conversation with an Iraqi

Yesterday, I was talking with my friend "Jassim". Today, the conversation continued.

Today, I learned that the Americans aren't really going after the terrorists to the best of their ability. And again, much of the aide is not making it to those in need. Also, it's not individual Suni and Shia who are trying to kill each other, but rather the political parties.


Karen: you said that Saddam's death was not the reason for increased violence, but rather that business is responsible
Karen: I was curious about which businesses are causing the violence and how
Jassim: I was not talking about just Saddam's death
Jassim: I meant all Iraq case since Saddam age till now is just buesniss
Jassim: explosions, killing and every thing in Iraq is about buisness
Jassim: let me give you an example
Karen: ok
Jassim: each bomb that some terrorist put in any street he taking money on it
Jassim: people who are encourging violence in Iraq doing this for purposes that ends with money
Jassim: they all aiming for the big cake of Iraq: oil
Karen: There are many Americans, who have been blaming the war in Iraq on oil. That explains the invasion, but not the continuing civilian violence
Jassim: well Kaen in my openion american in Iraq is not for oil
Karen: what do you think is the reason?
Jassim: USA is a ery rich country and Iraq's oil does not worth that much to make USA government do all this just for oil
Jassim: it doesn't make any sence
Karen: I've heard that argument too.
Jassim: I'm not sure Karen, may be the reason is deploying USA power arround world
Jassim: may be
Karen: that sounds likely
Karen: do you have any idea how to stop the violence in Iraq now?
Jassim: yes
Jassim: but I do not think you would like it
Karen: tell me
Jassim: a neuclear bomb on Iraq !!!!!
Jassim: lollllll
Jassim: sorry was kidding
Karen: yeah...that does seem rather exreme
Karen: extreme
Jassim: this what we say some times when being tired of talking about our case
Jassim: we are not united on what we think
Jassim: each one has a dierant view
Karen: I see
Karen: what are some of the ideas?
Jassim: but if you ask me about what should USA do from begining to not allow this to happen in future (I mean in 2003)
Jassim: I would say that they should immediatly after controlling Iraq is to eleminate all Saddam's lovers and believers
Jassim: Bath part, security officers, big army officers
Karen: by lovers, do you mean 'romantic lovers' or 'supporters of Saddam'?
Jassim: the case is that they left them then they gathered and established a strong and powerfull organizations then back to fight USA and Iraqi people
Jassim: supporters i mean
Jassim: Bath party sorry
Jassim: I think Americans does not know what happenes in Iraq clearly
Karen: here, the news media tells us that the Sunis and the Shias are trying to kill each other
Jassim: my idea now is that it is too late now and nothing could be done
Jassim: no
Jassim: not true
Jassim: may be parties but not people at least
Jassim: for me I decided to leave
Jassim: flee out
Jassim: anywhere
Jassim: even if this would be imposible
Karen: are you able to leave Iraq yet?
Jassim: but staying here and waiting the moment when some sick brain would kill you is not making any sence
Jassim: not yet
Jassim: I have few money
Jassim: also no one accepting Iraqis any where
Jassim: the only country I can go now is serya
Karen: I see
Jassim: Seria
Karen: I am told that Syria is beautiful
Karen: I had a friend from there when I was living in Germany
Jassim: you can find hundreds thousends of Iraqis there now on doors on UN office asking or begging for asylum
Jassim: yes it is beautiful
Jassim: but not suitable for Iraqis or some reasons
Jassim: first is that they have Bath party controlling government too (same as Iraq while Saam age)
Jassim: second is Seriya is a poor country and it is impossible mostly for Iraqis to find a job there
Karen: yes, that would be a problem
Jassim: yes
Jassim: it is like imposible here to keep working in NGOs
Jassim: we are targeted now
Jassim: I recieved several threats
Karen: what do the people threatening you want you to do?
Jassim: stop working
Jassim: they consider every one working with NGOs especially with international ones as a >>>>
Jassim: ,,,,,,
Jassim: I forgot the word
Karen: traitor?
Jassim: kind of yes
Jassim: like an agent to them spying
Karen: I see
Jassim: a traitor too yes
Jassim: also I have been told while I ...[to give] to a local militia
Jassim: I refused but they treaten me to be killed if I do not pay
Jassim: I had no choice except to quite job
Jassim: yes
Jassim: the case still hot untill now and this is why I'm staying at home mostly
Karen: It is sad having to quit your job.
Jassim: better then losing my life lolll
Karen: How much of the population is involved in the militias?
Jassim: many of them
Jassim: it is a chaos
Jassim: I'm telling you this as a friend
Jassim: i don't mean any thing by saying this so please do not tell this to many people, it may cause me problems
Jassim: I'm feeling big lonely here and no one to share my thoughts with
Karen: May I tell others about it if I do not use your name?
Jassim: I'm sorry
Jassim: but
Jassim: if you talked about ....I may exposed cuz ....
Karen: ok
Karen: what if I don't say ....?
Karen: I want to be able to help you by sharing what you have to say with others
Karen: it might make them write letters to the UN or other people of power
Jassim: you can say any thing you want, you can know what would be harm
Jassim: so I trust you
Karen: ok
Karen: I will never tell anyone that ...., or use your real name
Jassim: I have many offers from some international NGOs to donate NFI to distrbute, it is not that problem, but the problem is to working on field, it is not safe
Jassim: thank you Karen
Karen: is there no one who can help?
Jassim: who you mean ??
Karen: does anyone have the power to change things in Iraq?
Jassim: no
Jassim: no one
Jassim: it stated and no one can stop it
Jassim: this is why I say I wil leave
Jassim: I'm depending on facts here I see
Karen: do you think that the Americans should stay or go now? Would it make a difference?
Jassim: sure
Jassim: they have to stay
Jassim: I know many families are wory on their sons in Iraq
Jassim: it is so sad
Jassim: but may be I say may be if USA government follow a new strategy it would make a differance
Karen: what kind of strategy?
Jassim: wel some thing like chasing terorists
Jassim: eleminating them
Karen: I thought that the Americans were already hunting terrorists
Jassim: support independent people in government not parties
Jassim: no
Jassim: they are bearly doing that
Jassim: it surprise you right ??
Karen: yes, it does
Jassim: I know
Karen: the whole reason for being in Iraq is supposed to be "The War on Terror"
Jassim: they are defending themselves but not attacking them effectively
Jassim: well in some how it changed
Karen: In the news, we are told that it is impossible for the Americans to tell the difference between terrorists and civilians. They are afraid to go after terrorists, because they might kill more innocent people.
Jassim: Bush strategy was to allow all terrorists to gather in Iraq instead of attacking USA then eliminate them but slowly
Jassim: no
Jassim: every one know where terrorists located
Jassim: even children
Karen: I definitely will need to tell others that
Jassim: so you see he used Iraq as a field for his war instead fighting on USA ground
Jassim: we pay for this strategy
Karen: have Iraqis told the American soldiers where to find the terrorists?
Jassim: yes
Jassim: I was involved in one of the hottest cases during my work
Jassim: it was what happened in ...
Karen: would the civilian population support the Americans if they went after the terrorists?
Jassim: for months terrorists were entering fom borders in Seyria and gathering in this city
Jassim: killing Shia, bombing, prepare bombing cars
Jassim: american forces reported for months about this activities but they did nothing
Karen: Are you Shia or Sunni?
Jassim: lol
Jassim: this is a trap question Karen lol
Karen: why? What's so funny?
Karen: There must be something about Shia/Sunni relations that I don't know
Jassim: I lost connections
Jassim: as I told you, we as people do not have issus, it just parties who making all these problems
Jassim: so if you wanna know my friend, I'm Shia
Karen: I used to have a really bad connection
Karen: I know how it is to be disconnected
Jassim: not like here lol
Jassim: I used wireless connections and it is so bad
Jassim: but better then nothing
Karen: true
Karen: here, the wireless connections are better than the telephone connections, usually
Jassim: aha
Karen: better still is a LAN or Cable connection
Karen: but I just use a telephone line at home
Jassim: we don't have phones connections yet
Karen: do you have wireless internet at home, or are you in an office or cafe somewhere?
Jassim: at home
Karen: that's good
Jassim: yes
Karen: so, how are you paying for food and housing if you are not working?
Jassim: I saved some money, also some times I work small things like accounting
Jassim: my father is paying for house expences too
Jassim: in addetion that I didn't lose my job from a long time
Jassim: I wish I be in USA now
Jassim: it would be just great
Karen: it would probably be better than Iraq, but it would not be easy for you here either, I'm afraid
Jassim: some times I imagin that Opra guesting me hhhhhhhhhhhh
Jassim: yes you right
Jassim: but nothing would be worst then hell here any way
Jassim: there I can obtain many chances to live better, study, marry
Jassim: and the greatest thing I would do is keep working in some aid foundation there
Karen: I see
Jassim: woooooooooooooow it's like my best dream became true
Karen: hopefully it will work out for you some day
Jassim: thanks Karen but I'm afraid it would be impossible
Jassim: I wish to find some place on earth that no much people in it
Jassim: some small villages on some mountain
Jassim: you can be helpfull if you find some foundation would accept me as a volunteer
Jassim: aid working
Jassim: I don't want to stop this work
Karen: I understand
Jassim: if I can't work it here then I'm sure some people in some country would need a hand
Karen: yes, and speaking Arabic would make you very valuable for many organizations
Jassim: well may be, although I found nothing till now
...
Jassim: I didn't want to hide like a cowerd
Jassim: why should I ??
Jassim: I don't mind even if they killed me, what I concern is to die for a good reason
Karen: hiding from people with guns isn't cowardly
Jassim: also it is not that risky
Jassim: well I will not be differant then who die every day
Jassim: I would die in a bomb or by an accedant
Jassim: if God want me to die nothing will stop it
Karen: yes, that is true
Karen: but, he has kept you safe until now
Jassim: yes
Karen: don't test him by putting yourself in unnecessary danger!
Jassim: and I have this beleive that I would live for a long time
Jassim: don't know but it is a strong feeling

No comments: