Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

On Friday, I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I wasn't overly impressed...infact, I wasn't really that impressed at all.

I thought that I had sufficiently lowered my expectations, but apparently not. Almost every fight sequence in the movie was cool for the first 30% percent of the sequence...and then it just went on and on and on...

The least satisfying scene in the movie comes near the beginning where a prison for pirates is portrayed. To my knowledge no such place ever existed in real life. It looked like it should have been one of the evil keeps from the Lord of the Rings or something. It just didn't have the right look based on the first movie and the rest of this one. Don't get me wrong; I like fantasy, but this just didn't work.

On the Cheese-o-Meter of entertainment, this movie scores a 4.5. I think that an example of good cheese, at about level 3 would be The Princess Bride. A level 1 movie would be a quite serious movie, I think.


The end however left the film wide open for the next (and hopefully last) installment.

No comments: