Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, October 10, 2008

At the Pharmacy

I get Chaos' Prednisolone prescription filled at the local Walgreens, which is convenient, because I can get it filled when I am out of town as well.

Anyway, they have a rule that the pharmacist (as opposed to the lab tech or other cashier types) has to speak with the person picking up each prescription to make sure that they don't have any questions. I find this pretty hilarious, since I've yet to meet the Walgreens pharmacist who knows anything about ferrets and their medicational issues.

So, usually the conversation goes something like this:

Pharmacist: Do you have any questions?

Me: Do you know anything about ferrets?

Pharmacist: Nope.

Me: Then no, no questions.


It does sometimes get a bit annoying when I'm in a hurry and still need to wait for the pharmacist to become available to have that inspiring exchange.

*shrugs*

2 comments:

*Jamie* said...

There are a lot of rules that they have to follow regardless. Most pharmacies just have to worry about following the rules of the state but Walgreens pharmacists have to worry about corporate also.

Karen said...

Yeah, I don't hold it against the pharmacist. It's just one of those little "huh" moments in life.