Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Images of Women

There's a Keri Shea Butter ad on TV that shows living women in the place of the painted women in famous paintings. However, the living women are much slimmer than the women depicted in the actual paintings. (The proportions are actually off visually, since the women don't take up enough of the canvas.) So...just what does this say??? At the time that the paintings were painted, the women with a fuller body were considered beautiful. Now, they are replaced with skinny women. *grumbles* What was wrong with the original beauty?

2 comments:

J. said...

Hello.
I teach a class on art and advertising in Seattle. I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of this ad you mention (Keri). I contacted the Keri lotion people directly, but they told me I couldn't have a copy from them. If you know how I might find a copy (on the internet or elsewhere), could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
JC in Seattle
clappjc@hotmail.com

Karen said...

Alas, it doesn't seem to be readily available! If I find it, I'll let you know, though!