Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, June 09, 2006

Quote of the Day

      For those of you expecting something profound or political, I'm sorry to have to disappoint you. This is mearly something that I found amusing while reading in bed this morning.

      The source is Steven Brust's fantasy novel The Lord of Castle Black and the context is a meeting in preparation for battle:

      --------------------
      "Morrolan turned to the Necromancer. "Can you help?"

      "My Lord?

      "Sorcery. I have learned something of sorcery. I am told it can do amazing things. I don't know. Blast them with fire, or make stones fall on their heads, or create an illusion of giant butterflies with nine-inch teeth. Something."
      --------------------

      It was the image of butterflies with nine-inch teeth that amused me.

No comments: