Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Friday, June 02, 2006

14.5 miles in about 1.5 hours on bike

I rode the spare bike up to the next town up north. I left around noon, since this was the earliest I had woken up, eaten, and dressed, and was able to get on the road. About 10 miles into it, I started to wonder if it was such a good idea. After I arrived, I went to visit a friend of mine working at a pizza place there. We chatted for a bit and then I called my dad and asked him to pick up me and my bike, since I wasn't really looking forward to the 14.5 miles back. I realized that it was rather hilly terain, although not nearly as bad as southern Germany or Bolivia! Of the 7 gears on the bike, I only went down as far as gear 5 for most of the way, though on the very last hill, I had to drop down to gear 3. At any rate, it was a good work-out that I followed up by a nice nap and shower.

No comments: