Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Saturday, February 11, 2006

ferret toys


I must say, hands down, the favorite ferret toy for both Fuzzball and Chaos has got to be the plastic grocery bag.










The first thing that Fuzzball does when she gets out of the cage (A) is to make the rounds:














Run over to the front door (B),










run down the hallway by the bathroom (C),









run into the kitchen by the fridge (D),










run into the dining area under the table (E),










and run over into the blue shawl behind the chair in the corner (F). Sometimes there is slight variation. Sometimes she doesn't run over to the front door. Sometimes she doesn't stop behind the chair to sleep, but rather plays in the rest of the room first, and then goes behind the chair to sleep. Regardless, she stops to terrorize every plastic bag along the way by snuggling into it, rubbing against it, wallowing in it, and whatever else you can imagine doing with a plastic bag, short of eating and intercourse (I knew someone out there would go there, so I thought I'd preempt it).

Chaos also loves playing in bags, though he doesn't have as concrete a route established as Fuzzball does. He just kinda ambles around doing whatever whenever. It's quite common to see him playing in/on a plastic bag or taking a nap in one.

Both ferrets like the perforated drainage pipe that I got them, with a vinyl dryer hose extension. Yes, much happiness in ferret land.

The ball of string is also a strong favorite, especially with Chaos, who pushes it around and carries it in with his teeth bit hard into it.

Fortunately, neither one is a cord-biter, so I don't have to try to hide the power cords for the TV and computer!

I've never seen either of them play with the stuffed ferret toys that I got from the shelter lady, though they love plowing through my stuffed animals. Unfortunately, Chaos really really likes chewing the tages and eyes/noses off of them.

Today, for only the first or second time, I saw Chaos play with the little plastic cat balls with the jinglebell inside. I was just laying on the couch and I heard this really wild bell ringing, that was just way too wild for one ferret harness bell alone. I looked over and there was Chaos just going after that little plastic ball, as vigorously as any cat! I've never seen Fuzzball play with them, though, which surprises me, since they were her toys from before I got her.

Here's a shot of Fuzzball caught with a plastic bag handle around her, after she tunneled through it!

No comments: