Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On Zebras and Cows

I'm watching a Colbert Report interview with Jared Diamond in which zebras have come up. The Eurasians domesticated horses but the Africans didn't domesticate zebras or milk giraffes; apparently they aren't as easy to milk as cows. Jared Diamond noted that a zebra will bite you and hold on until you die.

Anyway, back to cows. How exactly does cow-tipping work? I've seen the tractor tipping in the Pixar movie Cars and I've seen a tipped Cow Parade cow. However, I don't know how that works with a real cow. Do you scare it and it falls over? Do you have to push it over yourself with a couple of other people helping? Do they just tip over on their side and lay there until someone helps them up? How does this work? I know that at least one of my readers has the necessary expertise to enlighten me on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a friend who has done it before: you wait until the cow is asleep (which it does standing up), then a bunch of people run up to it and push it (full force) from the side so it tips over.

Karen said...

And then what? How does it stand up again? Does it hurt the cow?

(I know...if you're busy tipping cows, you're probably not all that concerned about the cow's well-being, but I'm curious.)