Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Need a new book

Well, I finished reading Steven Brust's Dzur today. It was Vlad doing Vlad things. It wasn't my favorite Vlad book, but on the other hand, I did read whole thing in less than 24 hours. For those of you on the Renaissance circuit, it might interest you to know that Scratch (or someone very like him) made a cameo appearance in the book:
Few people paid any attention to me. I got a hopeful look from a skinny,
dark-haired beggar who was sitting on the ground next to a pastry shop holding a tin to collect coins in and a small frying pan whose purpose was known only to himself. (p. 105, hardcover edition)


Before that, I was re-reading Emma Bull's War for the Oaks. It's amusing being able to identify some of the settings in a fantasy novel, having been there myself.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've got 'War of the Oaks' on my to read list but I can never find a copy in my bookstore... it must be good if your rereading.

Karen said...

It's good for fantasy fiction. It's not high literature or anything, but it was amusing for before bed :)