Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Monday, October 30, 2006

Door fix

Every time that James would pop his head in or that I would go across the hall, the blanket in front of the front door would be moved. Fuzzball decided that the bare corner was a wonderful place to do her business, even without the litterbox there, which was never a pleasant surprise when I would come back from across the hall.

Here's how I got around the ferrets pooing in front of the door. I bought lanyard clips and eyescrews. I put the eyescrews in the door and sewed the hooks and swivels to the blanket. Now when the door is opened and closed, the blanket comes with it. I had to put the eyescrews about 3 inches up from the floor for the blanket to be close enough to the door. I had difficulty getting the blanket to be close enough to the corner/wall on the right side, so I sewed a couple of overlapping plastic knives onto the edge of it to hold it straight (and still be laundry safe!).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's rather ingenious!

Trees

Anonymous said...

I would agree that is pretty smart and it took you long enough to post it! LOL!

Karen said...

I've been busy!