Cast of Characters:



Karen
Enkidu (AKA Slim)
Beowolf (AKA Wolfie)
Blaze (AKA Blaze)

Saturday, January 05, 2008

maybe it is bedtime

Karen: I suppose that I get the full cooling force of the wind on my wall/windows in the winter and the full heat of the sun in the summer

Karen: can't win

Karen: but at least I have a bit of a view

Karen: if the parking lot and trees count

Karen: and the dumpster; mustn't forget that

James: oh yes

Karen: "dumpster" is kind of a funny word

James: the view

James: maybe its bed time

James: lol

James: lol

Karen: how many words end with -ster?

James: yep sounds lilke bed time

James: lol

Karen: the dumpster is the recipient and not the agent (one doing it) unlike, say a spinster

Karen: or a barrister

James: dammit

James: now im thinking about it

James: lol

Karen: I know...you don't care!

James: lets see

James: monster

James: canister

Karen: hamster is in a clas by itself

Karen: or maybe it's like monster

Karen: is there a verb form for canister?

Karen: is a canist something?

James: idk

James: lol

Karen: aren't you glad you have a linguist friend?


If I were really going to find out, I'd check the etymologies of these words. But, when it comes right down to it, I just don't care enough.

No comments: